Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Lydia!




What can I say about this bundle of joy?
I cannot believe that just a year ago I was sitting in my hospital bed, stunned and awed by what had just transpired.  This baby girl, only 5 1/2 pounds. 
The past year has been so good.  I thought there would be days when we would ask ourselves, "What have we done?  It was so easy before!"  We acknowledge that life was easier a year ago, but there have been no regrets.  Lydia has brought our family so much joy.  There are days when I just sit there and smile as I watch her.  I just feel so happy to have her in our family.
 
The past couple days have taken me back to all that happened a year ago.  Lydia came into the world with a great deal of drama.  She was a miracle.  But then again, I am awed by what a miracle each new life is.
 
Psalm 22:9-10  "Yet you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast.  I was thrust into your arms at my birth.  You have been my God from the moment I was born."
 

Ever since Aunt Cathy gave me a teddy bear mold, I have the tradition of terrorizing my kids on their first birthday.  The cake looks so cute in the picture.  I copy the picture, really...but the teddy bear always ends up looking scary.

 



6 comments:

Twila said...

Happy Birthday Lydia! Nana and Papa are on the road will have to skype when we get home, you truly are a precious, precious little girl We Love you!

Renita said...

Oh sweet Lydia. I can't believe it's been a year. Tell me I will survive this birth of a new child at age 37! I have 4 more months to go and the 8 years since being pregnant, well I forget a lot. Anyway, bless you, Lydia and the boys and man husband! It sounds like you are a "go with the flow" kind of mom. I pray I can be more like that! Hope you had a great Mother's Day too, Karen!

LaRonda said...

Happy Birthday Lydia!!! How did we miss this...so sorry. It seems unreal that she is already 1. We have missed out on watching you grow up. Hope to see you this summer for sure!!

rod said...

What a beautiful kid! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! We love you Lydia!
Rod

Jen Bontrager said...

Happy belated birthday, Beautiful Girl.

Kirst said...

what a cool reminder of the miracle of lydias life. :) "here i raise my ebenezer, hither by thy help i'm come!"