Thursday, December 8, 2011

Evan just had a nice talk with the baby.  He stepped right up to my belly and said, "Hi Baby.  I'm Evan.  There's Eli.  You're in Mom's tummy and soon she'll be your Mom too.  And over there is Dad."  (And he poked my belly in the direction of Dad.)

Here's the list of names the boys have gone through so far:

Evan:  Bob, Skyler, Kai (he thought it would be funny to give the baby the same name as a cousin)

Eli:  Coner, Josh

They've been less imaginative when it comes to girl's names.  They heard the name I liked when they were both born and they haven't ventured from that.  In fact, when we first talked about names, they pretty much came up with the one girl name and a boy name each and stuck with it.  They just weren't into thinking of all the possibilities. :)  I haven't gotten too into that yet either. 

Now, Eli and I will go surf some baby name websites while Kendall and Evan continue their game of Monopoly.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Congratulations!!! I haven't checked in for awhile here, so it was very exciting to see this news!! :) And I must say I'm a little relieved for you that it's just one -- not that 2 would not be a HUGE blessing of course. :) We're very excited for you guys!! Kristi M

Nathalie said...

I'm sort of bummed that there is just one! But overall very excited that Kai will have a cousin close to his age! But hopefully they won't share the same name. (Sorry Evan). Too bad he isn't a girl because then you could have named her Kia.

Twila said...

Fun hearing Evan talk to the baby already bonding!
nana