Thursday, February 17, 2011

Warning: Grouchy Post

I'm getting sick of everyone on facebook talking about "the warm sun on my shoulders" and "flip flops" and "first picnic of the year."

It's warm here too, you know. It's the talk of the town that it has been up to and even above the freezing point lately. It feels balmy. Lovely weather. Ah, springtime.

Seriously, it's been near-record highs, but it won't last long.

Even so, I'm kind of ticked about all of it. So I went to weather.com to check the forecast. I didn't like what it said. I went to weathernetwork.ca to check their forecast. I didn't like what it said either. The temperatures may have dropped now, but I'm so glad to hear it will be warming up to 3 degrees Fahrenheit by tomorrow afternoon.

So there's my grouchy post. Good night. Time to curl up under my down duvet. And since my Bed Warmer is working at the hospital tonight, I have to run the heater fan on my blankets to get them warmed up before I sleep. Grrr.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

1. i'm kinda grouchy about winter by now, too. maybe you should just set your heater outside for awhile and see what happens. (the fan heater, not the one that works at the hospital ;) )

2. i love your blog and your writing style. it makes me wish we could hang out more!

marilyn bontrager said...

I sorry you have such a sad life!
-cb-

Jodi said...

It's ok to be grouchy when mean ol' winter just doesn't seem to be letting up. Maybe what you and your boys need is a little summer going on on the inside. Crank up the heat...put on some shorts and sunglasses...make some lemonade and have a picnic on that brand new carpet of yours! ha! I should take my own advice. I'm looking at freezing rain mixed with snow right now. You have a partner in crime in Goshen right now.

Matt said...

Warning: Grouch Comment - Thanks a lot Karen! Undoubtedly due to your little rant, God must have decided it we had it a little too nice down here in Indiana because we got a fresh, thick blanket of snow yesterday. Just when I was starting to remember what the ground looked like, you had to go and ruin everything!