Friday, December 17, 2010

Proceed with Caution

Warning: This post contains scenes that may be offensive to some.
Disclaimer: The parental figures are not proud of what you are about to read. But it made them laugh.

From time to time Evan, this 5-year old that lives with us, says things we do not agree with. For unknown reasons, he brags about how he is going to make his wife do all the chores. We warn him that no one is going to want to be his wife if he makes them do all the chores. He is undeterred. We are not proud of that. (Is this better or worse than his former desire to be a "bad guy" when he grew up?)

We are also not proud of the fact that Evan and Eli are still learning to wipe themselves. As we were discussing wiping one day (yes, this is one of the many deep conversations that take place in this home), Evan gave Eli some well-thought-out advice that no one in the family was prepared for. It was (brace yourselves): "You should make your wife wipe you."

Oh dear. I see we've got some work to do.

7 comments:

Twila said...

All I'll say is, boys will be boys!?!?!
Love em, Nana!

Kirst said...

Thanks for all the funny "bedtime stories the Grandpa and Grandma could enjoy together! Gloria Fern

Jenni said...

that just made my day! your kids are great!

Nathalie said...

This makes me feel guilty because we have pretty much that exact situation here in our house, just opposite. Rod does all the chores and brings me juice. I'm not a very good role model I guess.

Nathalie

Nathalie said...

Oh, I do need to point out that Rod does NOT wipe me.

Now I'm just embarrassed.

Nathalie

LaRonda said...

Thanks for the good laugh! Those boys are so funny,

Jodi said...

TOO FUNNY! Leah is here, and she wants Evan and Eli to have to wipe each other. Um, not sure if that is solving any problems, but it is advice from a 7 yr. old girl, what can I say? She's concerned is all. :) She just let me know that there will be no wiping of her hubbie's bottom in the future. Ha!