Monday, March 1, 2010

Evan + Pencil

A scary monster and a rocket ship.


Here he was copying the purple sentence below. I think it is interesting how he doesn't really care which way his letters face. He asked me what the word on the second line was. Since he had put the M up above, I told him it said "anners." Wow, did that ever crack him up.

By the way, did you notice his eye? Yes, it was a stick. He was playing with a stick and fell on it or something. It scratched up his cheek and ended up right below his eyebrow. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. And just a few hours earlier I had been thinking that I need to be less protective and let them be boys.

3 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Wow. I know I should not compare, but that kid is way ahead of his second-cousin in his drawing/writing skills! I guess he does go to Jr. Kindergarten or whatever you guys call it, but still- I'm impressed! Congrats on the big hockey win, by the way. I was only a little sad we lost. Got goosebumps when I saw a recap of the team/entire crowd singing "O Canada."
Can't wait to see you!

Stephanie said...

Karen, the expression on his face in the second picture cracks me up. There's something about that look that reminds me SO much of you. So funny!

Arthur said...

Karen, I know I'm late commenting on this but Olivia is nearly obsessed right now with copying letters into her little note book. She gets whatever printed paper she can find and then carefully studies each letter before writing it in her book. She says her "homework" isn't done until the page is full! Good thing the notebook is a small one, eh? =) ~~Iris