Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Comments From the Boys

This morning when we left for school I pointed out to the boys the pretty snow. Evan stood by the car complaining that he was cold. I told him, "We're in Canada. In the winter. It's cold." (I was annoyed.) When we were all buckled in and on our way, Eli said, "I love it here. Except for the skunks." That's enough to keep me warm for awhile.

This is what I'm looking at right now. Of course, a photo doesn't do it justice.



On another note, we're getting closer to being able to do some short-term foster parenting. I was talking to the boys about it this morning. I was talking about taking care of a baby for a few days. Eli said he didn't want to- he wanted a baby that was "born." And he was concerned about a baby getting into his room and messing things up. (If you saw their room most days, you would wonder what more a baby could mess up.) I assured him that we'd close the door so the baby couldn't get in. I think he'll come around. In general, he really likes babies. And we're not locked into anything, so we can give it a try.

Anyway, after listening to this discussion, Evan came up with an idea of his own: "We could borrow a baby."

Me: "What baby should we borrow?"

Evan: "Maybe we could go to a garage sale."

Ah, yes. A child after my own heart. Garage sales are a great place for a bargain.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

A Garage Sale baby? I love the way kids think! By the way, your snow IS beautiful. Right now it is cold, slushy, and icy outside with GRAY skies. BLAH!

The Hochstedlers said...

That's funny, our kids are constantly complaining it is too hot!D.