Thursday, July 28, 2011

Poutine, Haircuts and Kittens

Yes, it has been an eventful week in the Hochstedler household.


We made our obligatory visit to the Spud 'n Dog chipwagon for lunch one day. We split two large poutines. (I know this will make Duane and Ben jealous. I think Duane has a special place in his heart for this delectable specialty.) Homemade french fries smothered in brown gravy and cheese. Need I say more? It is true that our entire lunch consisted of greasy french fries, pop (from a pop machine which caused real excitement!), and one shared ice cream cone. (The cone came about because the driver of our vehicle was inspired by the healthy lunch and had a hankerin' for ice cream. So he counted the change between us and came up with one cone to share.)

Let this be the before photo on the haircuts. I should add that while I have buzzed Eli's hair before, I have been too scared to do it on Evan's head. Evan has very fine, very straight hair and he normally waits for his haircuts until he sees Grandma. (Kendall wanted me to tell Grandma that if she wants the boys to have decent haircuts, she needs to come up and do it. Hint. Hint.)



Evan was very happy with his haircut. He told me that he doesn't like when people say he's cute. He wants to be "cool." So I gave him a "cool" buzz.
Here are Eli and Evan with cool haircuts and their new kittens:








The kittens are so cute. I'm not sure what is happening to us. We're not so much animal people, but now we have a dog and two cats! Well, we do for now...Our dog really seems to want to eat the kittens. Not quite sure how to handle that.

I have to smile because Eli's kitten is so mellow. Evan's, on the other hand, is quite active and curious. She's...independent. Hmm... Sounds a bit like her owner. (They're even both cute, but don't tell the owner I said that.)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

What is happening here? I cannot believe my best friend is now a lover of all things feline? I am SO sending you a kitty soap dispenser. And a matching tea towel.
And the haircuts? Still cute, Evan!!

LaRonda said...

POUTINE...it makes my mouth water. Wishing I could go to the chip wagon tonight! Those kittens look so cute and of course the boys too. I guess I should say COOL not cute!